- Please note the deadline for applications to this Fund has now passed. If you are in need of funding for core costs, please complete our an application form for our General Rolling Programme or contact the grants team -
We are delighted to be working with Comic Relief on the Core Strength - Local Communities initiative.
The aim of this is to provide funding for groups’ core costs - meaning expenditure that is not connected to delivering projects but focusing on investing in the organisation as a whole, such as basic running costs.
Grants will be between £1,000 to £10,000, for up to 12 months, and are available to local community organisations with an annual income of up to £100,000.
The grants will be used to support groups that can evidence a sustained beneficial impact on people’s lives who are excluded or disadvantaged. This may be through low income, rural or social isolation, age, disabilities, race, sexuality or gender. Priority will be given to small, locally based groups or organisations in areas of disadvantage.
You must be a locally led and based organisation. This means you are based within the area you are carrying out activities and have local people involved in the running of the organisation.
• Constituted voluntary and community groups
• Social enterprises
• Community interest companies
• Rental costs
• Heating, lighting, water rates
• Core staff costs
• Stationary, small capital items, internet
• Volunteer costs
• Staff training
• Trustee training
• Volunteer training
• Business planning and development
• Developing monitoring and learning
If you are interested in making an application to this programme, please click here to read the full criteria before you start. If you have any questions, please contact our friendly grants team.
The Comic Relief Core Strength - Local Communities application form is available here. The deadline is 31 October and decisions will be made in December.
Comic Relief is a registered charity, number 326568.