Our privacy statement sets out how we use and protect any information that you give us.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should occasionally check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 October 2017.
We may collect the following information:
• name and job title
• contact and demographic information including email address
• your connections to other organisations (e.g. your employer)
• your preferences and interests
• details of your donations
• details of your grant applications
• records of your interactions with us for example: attendance at events
We will process your personal information for our legitimate business and charitable interests, which include some or all of the following:
• Internal record keeping
• Recording and processing of donations
• To claim Gift Aid on your donations
• To undertake statistical analysis
• To improve our communication and services.
• To occasionally contact you about our work. You will always be able to decline future contact.
• To invite you to events that may be of interest to you.
• To assess your eligibility for a grant
We may combine information you provide to us with information available from external sources in order to gain a better understanding of our supporters and grant applicants and to improve the services that we provide.
The information that we obtain from other organisations may depend upon your privacy settings or responses you give so you should check them regularly. This information will be obtained from places such as Companies House and articles published in the national and local press.
We may share details of grant applications with external assessors or decision makers. All external parties will have written agreements to ensure the confidentiality of the information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
Some of our suppliers run their operations outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Although they may not be subject to same data protection laws as companies based in the UK, we will take steps to make sure they provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with UK data protection law. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to this transfer, storing or processing at a location outside the EEA.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
We will not retain your information for longer than is necessary. This will normally be for a maximum of six years after our relationship with you has ceased although we are occasionally required to hold data for longer periods for specific programmes.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You may choose to restrict or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• Whenever you are asked to fill in a form look for the boxes that you can click to indicate how you would like us to contact you.
• Electronic communications will contain an ‘unsubscribe’ link.
• If you would like to change your communication preferences or be removed from our database you can ask us at any time by e-mailing email@example.com using the form available on our website or by writing to us at the address below or calling us on 01245 355947
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please write to:
Essex Community Foundation
121 New London Road
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.