Anglian Water Positive Difference Fund – Coronavirus
Anglian Water operates at the heart of the community, and its employees live locally too, so they’re committed to making this region a great place to live and work.
The coronavirus pandemic has shown that community has never been more important, and that’s why Anglian Water has created The Anglian Water Positive Difference Fund. It will provide grants to support projects that have a positive impact on the people and communities they serve, allowing them to provide help and connecting people with the practical and essential support they need.
The first part of the fund, which is being managed by Essex Community Foundation (ECF), is open to local voluntary and community organisations, who are supporting vulnerable, isolated and older people at this time.
It will provide organisations with emergency funding to deal with emerging issues in the community, as a result of the continuing threat of coronavirus, and the need for self-isolation, and potential for further exacerbation of loneliness and isolation. This will include; the need for self-isolation, financial hardship, potential for hunger, lack of shelter, further exacerbation of health issues, loneliness and isolation.
Grants between £1,000 and £5,000 will be considered (larger grants may be available for groups working in partnership, or in exceptional circumstances). We will aim to respond to your request as soon as possible.
IS MY ORGANISATION ELIGIBLE?
To be eligible for funding, your project must support those who are considered high risk, including those with pre-existing medical conditions and older people over 60, or those in vulnerable circumstances and help to:
- Support their ongoing needs, ensuring their health and mental well-being is maintained
- Reduce isolation and vulnerability during any isolation period that may arise as a result of the threat of coronavirus
- Help to make sure people remain safely connected with the outside world during this time
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Voluntary and community organisations that work in Anglian Water supply areas (If you are unsure, find out who your water supplier is here)
WHAT CAN BE SUPPORTED?
- Running costs for organisations; including volunteer expenses, staff costs, and transport
- Small capital costs, providing the capital item will address the priorities of the fund
THE FUND WILL NOT SUPPORT APPLICATIONS FOR:
- Purchase of vehicles
- Holiday schemes
- Events, parties, trips and initiatives based upon mass gatherings
- Work which does not directly benefit people living in the Anglian Water area
- Work normally funded from statutory sources
HOW TO APPLY:
If you have received a grant from us in the last three months, please contact us to discuss if you can apply again.