Leave a Legacy
We offer a simple way for people to bequest money to the local community in which they have lived or worked for many years.
Smaller, local charities may not be perceived as being as permanent as the larger or national organisations and you may be concerned about their existence in future years when considering leaving a legacy. We can help and give you the reassurance that your gift will support the causes you care about, after your death, and will continue to do so. Even if a specific organisation no longer exists we will find one of similar aims to benefit from your support.
By leaving a legacy to us:
- you can specify the causes or area that you want to support
- you can identify specific charities who you want to benefit from a gift and we can facilitate the payment for you. This can include donations to national or international organisations so long as they are in existence at the time the legacy takes effect and they are charitable in purpose.
- you will minimise the amount of inheritance tax due on your estate, as charitable gifts are treated as exempt.
- You can specify Essex Community Foundation as the beneficiary or specify the creation of a fund in your name or another name of your choosing.
- We can work with you and your professional advisers to ensure the fund is set up to meet your wishes as part of your will
- We can work with your family and/or professional advisers to award grants from your fund for as long as they would like to be involved.
We welcome legacies of all kinds, including:
- Pecuniary – a specified sum of money
- Specific – a specified item, such as shares or property
- Residuary – all or part of the Estate after any pecuniary legacies have been paid
- Reversionary – the residue of the Estate after the death of a surviving spouse
If you or your professional adviser would like to talk about leaving a legacy, please contact Perry Norton: