Getting started with us
It is easy to start to support your local community through us. Every donation, no matter what its size, makes a difference. Here are your options:
- You may want to make a donation as a one-off gift or set up a regular payment. A great way to get started with us is to donate to our Acorn Fund. Donations of all sizes are pooled and grants are made each year to support local charities and voluntary organisations. You can either give now or contact us to talk about setting up a regular gift.
- Setting up your own charitable fund in the name of your family or business is another way to support your local community if you want a long-term approach to your giving.
- By leaving a legacy to us you can specifically name the causes you want to support, or that decision can be left to us with the assurance that your gift will stay in Essex. A legacy can help to minimise the amount of inheritance tax due on your estate, as charitable gifts are treated as exempt.
- You can transfer an existing charitable trust to us. Trustees do not need to give up their involvement – unless they wish to do so – and we will ensure that grants are awarded according to the trust’s original objectives, both now and in the future.
- We can also accept gifts of shares, land and buildings so please speak to your Professional Adviser or contact us for more information.
If what you are looking for isn’t listed above, we still may be able to help. We understand that giving is personal and can offer you a personalised service. If you are interested in giving locally, please contact Perry Norton, Head of Development: